Saturday, April 2, 2011

Portfolio

For my portfolio I have chosen to follow my friend Aaron Squires who is a Mixed Martial Arts fighter. For as long as I have known Aaron he has always had 100% dedication to his training. He currently trains at Pumma Mixed Martial Arts Gym in Burleigh.  I have started taking photos of him at training and at competitions, but I also hope to capture his life outside of the gym. 

For starters, here is an image I have taken of him and his friend Wade who also trains at Pumma while they were doing running exercises on North Burleigh hill.


This was directly after a full training session at their Pumma. Aaron and Wade had to run up and down this hill constantly for three minutes and do three repetitions of this.
 



I am torn between using these two images in my final folio. Even though it is a cool effect, I'm trying to avoid the both of them being very ghost like. However, i do love the motion that is in the first image.

 



Here Aaron (pictured on the right) and Wade rest after their 3-3 minute stints of running up the North Burleigh Hill.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment